Thursday, December 13, 2007

Reminding people!

Showing our power in our numbers! Well, I told you all that I would come up with something for you all to show what kind of power we have. The question was posted earlier this week "we are now 44,000 strong what do we do?" Some of you suggested we write our local government and others voted for a digital protest by sending a video. While these two things may make you feel good they will not get the attention of anyone. If we send off 1 or 100,000 letters our MP's all have trash bins big enough to dispose of them all, and an even bigger bin for those of us who still insist on using the digital method. NO, what we need to do to get there attention is give them something they will want to open, or rather don't give them it. Stay with me and all will become very clear!

I like all of you enjoy comfort of daily routine, the security of the familiar and the tranquility of repetition. I would like to mark this day, not for any festive reason and certainly not to supersede the upcoming holiday, but rather in this time of heavy spending and light wallets, keep this day in mind. In fact, keep this day in mind when you are reminded by our government that you have so little and they have too much. I would like to tell you something, but there are those out there that do not want us to speak. Why don't they want us to speak because words will always retain their power. Words to the means of meaning, and for those who will listen to the enunciation of truth. The truth is there is something terribly wrong with this country - isn't there!? We now live under cruelty and injustice, intolerance and depression and where you once had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you see fit, you now have senses and system of surveillance chorusing your conformity and serving your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Certainly there are those that are more responsible then others. They should be held accountable... but truth be told if you are looking for the guilty you need only look onto a mirror. I know why you did it, you were afraid and who wouldn't be. War, terror and desires, there were a million problems that conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common senses. Fear got the best of you. And in your panic you turned to a government (all parties with in government), they promised us order, they promised us peace and all they demanded in return to a "normal life" is your silent obedient consent. This day I propose to end this silence, a turn of events that will make the men in power realize that we demand what we have forgotten. My hope is to remind the world that fairness, justice and freedom are more then just words. They are perspective! So if you have seen nothing and the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would say let this day pass you by. But if you feel as I feel and you seek what I seek then I would ask you to stand by me in the next year. Stand by me and show the men in power what we have over them.

Now I know that some of you will be reading this and saying to yourself (or maybe out loud to your computer) this is just what V said in his movie; V for Vendetta? You would be right. Interesting how well it fits into the box that is our lives now isn’t it!

This is what I'm purposing... come April 30, 2008, while this country is panicking to get our taxes submitted on time, we all take the tax form sent to us or picked up and fill out the first copy. If you are getting money back then please DO submit it. But if you figure your numbers and you "owe" then do this! Take that second copy and with a RED felt marker write NO! across the front. Spend the money on the stamp, best fifty-odd cents you will ever spend) and send it off. Remember – annual income tax is illegal! You don’t have to pay it.

If just we few 44,000 do this then the men in power will know exactly what we are capable of. To make this happen we need to file the old fashion way, mail it in... no E-Tax!

So come the 30th of April 2008 I will be posting a picture of myself holding my tax form for 2007 and across the front, in red it will say NO! I ask you all to do the same. You want to get their attention? Well, I can guarantee that they will open all the income tax forms sent to them. They want their money. Let’s give them a year to remember!